Teenaged murder suspect breaks his silence

Bookmark and Share

Police were finally able to question a 17-year-old Norwegian boy charged with murdering another young teenager last week, and get some answers. “We are now satisfied that we finally have a dialogue with the defendant,” Bjørn Kåre Dahl of the Sørvest Police District told news bureau NTB.

The 17-year-old, now being held at a prison in Bergen, responded to questions most of Tuesday at an inquiry that continued on Wednesday. “We don’t know how long this will last,” Dahl said. “There’s a lot we want to speak with him about.” Dahl declined to go into any details of what was discussed.

Newspaper Dagbladet reported that investigators from the state crime unit Kripos are also taking part in the questioning. The 17-year-old denies murdering 13-year-old Sunniva Ødegård in the small town of Varhaug but has admitted to being at the place where her body was found after midnight July 29.

Police have received around 100 tips in the case and investigators have questioned around 50 people. The murder was confirmed in an autopsy, with funeral services set for later this week.

newsinenglish.no staff