Three museums that are part of the University of Oslo’s Natural History Museum are getting new names in connection with the university’s 200-year anniversary celebrations. The new names will honor scholars who made great contributions to the museum’s fields.
The Botanical Museum, for example, will be called Lids hus (Lids’ House), after Dagny Tande Lid and Johannes Lid, who both played a key role in spreading botanical knowledge to the public.
The Geological Museum will be called C Brøggers hus after Waldemar Christopher Brøgger, a leading politician concerned with educational issues around 1900. Brøgger also made scientific strides in paleontology and minerals.
The Zoology Museum will be called Robert Colletts hus, after one of the Norwegian pioneers in zoology.
Views and News staff