An unusual case was unfolding in Oslo over the weekend after emergency crews were summoned to an apartment at Bøler on the city’s east side. There they found a teenager who’d fallen seriously ill after spilling a poisonous substance he’d made himself.
Police evacuated the residential building and special precautions were taken to carry him out, rinse his arm and rush him to hospital, where he had to be admitted.
“Only fantasy can put limits on how the poison was meant to be used,” Tore Barstad of the Oslo Police told reporters. “This was a substance that we describe as extremely poisonous and very dangerous.”
Police think the teenager produced the poison on his own but they don’t know why. He’s been charged for creating a substance that could be dangerous for everyone around him. Neighbours were allowed to return to their homes after police had secured the area.